Friday, May 05, 2006

Universalist Convocation at Our Home 2006

Our Home Universalist Unitarian Church in Ellisville Mississippi !

We made it to Laurel and Ellisville on Friday (spending much of the morning in Alabama at Moundville - touring the old mounds - built 1000 years ago)

Met the leaders of the Our Home Church, meet nice folks that I met last year - (Rich Kostner says the subscriptions of the Universalist Herald are up from last year !) Talking to some nice new folks --

Rev Lapoint wants to make sure we look for now and the future - as no one can live in the past --
Rev Chandler started his service by saying that seeing the picture of Daniel Bragg Clayton on the wall reminds him that Clayton used to preach for 3-4 hours and folks would love it -
-- I was wondering if he was trying to beat Clayton's record tonight.... Longest UU service I had ever attended, good thing that we ate before hand! My wife says she told me I should have had regular instead of decaf!

Tomorrow starts at 9 and runs to 8 or 9 - but lunch and dinner are on the schedule. and I will remember to nix on decaf!

No comments: