Thursday, March 30, 2006

Moderation

"everything in moderation" is not exactly something that Universalists would say: but the Buddha did, and what's good enough for him is good enough for me! More seriously, I have enabled moderation for comments. Not due to anything the readers of this blog have said or done, but because of drive-by-spammers. Until today I could put you with shoe and pottery ads, and all the rest (and just delete them), but today this blog got x-rated material. Now, while this is always a possibility that some x-rated material might be acceptable for this blog - this wasn't it. (hey anything is always a possibility!). Since I do take vacations, and I don't like the idea of that particular spam sitting on my blog for a week or so -- all comments from now on will be moderated. Frankly I don't see any likelihood of someone making any offensive comment here other than spammers, so I haven't made any moderation policies other than that. Please don't prove me wrong!

No comments: