Monday, November 28, 2005

Kinda Quiet

Ive been kinda quiet --and for those who want personal nater

let's see, this thanksgiving weekend, went up to Spartanburg SC, and had turkey dinner with my mother, sister and her family, and brother and his family (other sister in California)

Friday morning, my wife and I went to Cowpens Battlefield (site of the Battle of Cowpens)
driving through Landrum, we looked for the Palmetto Trail trailhead.
and we opted to go to Asheville, NC .

saturday, we spent big bucks to see Biltmore House . We got there before opening on probably their biggest day of the year; no big delay - but we had to miss the winery as there was a 1 1/2 hour delay - and they had 1600 folks in the winery the first hour they were open! Ate s nice meal at the Deerpark (buffet - price a bit high for southerners, but the food was excellent).
Saturday afternoon, we hit all the used and collectable bookstores in downtown Asheville.

Sunday morning, we stoped in Spartanburg to attend services at the UU Church there -
the pulpit exchange had us listening to the Asheville minister there.

Universalist readingwise, I read Elehanan Winchester's biography, and stuck my toe into Radical Spirits (which I was surprised to see quoted LFW Andrews - although they didnt source his quote!) -- I will remark on these more later.

and how was your holiday?

No comments: